On Purpose is a platform accompanying a book also named On Purpose by Vic Strecher, PhD, MPH, a Professor and Director for Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship at the University of Michigan School of Public Health.
A self-help guide, college lecture, confessional, and time-travel adventure all rolled into one, On Purpose uses a beautiful, fantasy-fueled, graphic novel format to tell a story of self-discovery and personal growth you’ll never forget.
The project encompasses 2 elements: a WordPress website providing in-depth detail of the book and an app to help discover personal purpose and track daily activity in relation to that purpose. The app is available in iOS and web-based experience (desktop and mobile-optimized).
A user can:
- Create and manage an account
- Define 3-5 key values, personalize them and rate the importance of each value
- Write a short purpose statement and an epitaph
- Rate daily alignment in relation to the purpose
- Track sleep, presence, activity, creativity and eating (S.P.A.C.E) on a regular basis
- After 10 entries or more, receive an analysis of which S.P.A.C.E behavioral factors impact the alignment
- Interfaced with the client
- Specified user requirements
- Identified LAMP stack specifications
- Designed user flow and interaction
- Designed data structure and implemented the database
- Created web services for the app integration
- Managed and provided feedback to the internal team
- Developed the app both in iOS and responsive web
- Deployed the app and the site to production environment